JTA has now taken the next step in leading the industry by incorporating state of the art dosimetry equipment into our assessments. These new dosimeters can do all of the functions standard dosimeters can but with some valuable extra capabilities such as recording octave band data, audio, high vibration levels, statistical noise levels and all while being intrinsically safe.
New Dosimetry Capabilities
- Octave band data enables JTA consultants to directly compare employee noise exposure levels to the sound stopped by their hearing protection to see if it is suitable to keep them safe. It also shows if the hearing protection is providing over protection which can lead to communication issues or problems hearing warnings or alarms such as forklifts.
- Audio recording capabilities enables us to playback the audio of an event that may be uncharacteristically high and which may otherwise be unknown.
- The accelerometer in the dosimeter lets us see if the unit has been accidentally knocked, dropped or even if it has been taken off and left on a desk somewhere when it shouldn’t have been.
- Statistical data can be important if JTA consultants want to dig a bit deeper into the data. E.g. to see the average of the loudest 10% of recorded levels over the shift.
- For some workplaces where employees are operating in potentially explosive environments, intrinsically safe is a mandatory requirement.
By incorporating our new equipment into our assessments, we can provide a higher value service for the same cost.