Indoor Air Quality Assessment at the Shelford Girls’ Grammar School Early Learning Centre
About the Company
Shelford Girls’ Grammar is an Anglican day school for girls, located in Caulfield, Melbourne. The Shelford Early Learning Centre is a co-educational kindergarten for children from 18 months of age to 4 years of age.
JTA Health, Safety, & Noise Specialists were engaged to identify an effective safety strategy for the Shelford Girls Grammar School Early Learning Centre. This included a check on indoor air quality, including the potential for hidden mould growth.
One of JTA’s OHS consultants visited the site, assessed all policies, procedures and systems relating to safety and conducted an OHS compliance audit. This audit was thorough and exact, taking into account all relevant legislation.
How JTA Solved the Problem
- JTA carried out a detailed investigation using a thermal imaging camera, moisture meter and bio-pump to collect air samples
- To ensure peace of mind, JTA delivered a tailored 1 hour Q & A on water damage and mould awareness
- A detailed moisture map was prepared by JTA and provided to the builders to ensure only the areas affected by mould growth were being replaced. This saved Shelford Girls Grammar School on unnecessary building costs
- With JTA’s in-depth and collaborative approach, we developed a thorough understanding of the issues affecting the Shelford Girls Grammar School so that safety could be pro-actively addressed
Project Benefits to the Business
- Reduced legal risk and protection of students and staff members from mould and other airborne pathogens
- Minimised maintenance costs by conducting a thorough investigation with the latest monitoring equipment
- Peace of mind for parents and teachers in respect to the children’s safety
- Greater understanding of the health risks associated with mould growth
Why Choose JTA?
At JTA Health, Safety and Noise Specialists we work to find practical and compliant solutions for the health and safety of your workplace. We’ve been in the business for 35 years, managing the occupational health, safety and noise compliance requirements for businesses large and small, across Australia. We offer complete occupational safety management strategies, working across a broad variety of services with professional and qualified specialists to cover all bases.